Friday 19 May 2017

'Claws' Review

So thrilled with the following review for 'Claws', I just had to share it.

'When I reached this story title I was expecting some kind of Cornish sea-monster, but oh boy was I wrong. For me this is the stand-out story of the bunch because it pushed every one of my buttons. It’s setting is an amusement arcade in Newquay. I’ve spent way too much time (and money) in Newquay’s arcades and Steve Jordan captured the essence of them as if he was a local. The characters, location and details are trapped in amber from my time there and the horror is interwoven with such humour that I laughed out loud in places whilst being suitably horrified in others. It’s not trying to be big and clever but achieves both. Loved it.'

You can read the entire review by Joe X Young, which covers all of the excellent stories from Terror Tales of Cornwall in full, here on Ginger Nuts of Horror. 

No comments:

Post a Comment